Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu change for Sacrificio #3

As the leaves swirl all around and the sun plays peek-a-boo with the clouds, I sit here and think to myself: My oh my, Paella sounds like an odd thing to do at the end of October in a field with blood on my hands!  Ya know?

So came up with a more appropriate menu: I feel like Riesling, don't you?

Gougeres
Rustic Pate en croute
Sour pork soup with caillettes
Lentils de Puy
“Chocroute Garni”: bacon, pork loin, blood sausage, sausages, sauerkraut, potatoes
Pumpkin Gratin 
Marsala creamed chanterelles
Huge salad
Tarte aux Pruneaux

Pig cookies to take home

I am hungry now.  I am not sure what appeals to me so much about Caillettes.  They are principally a Provencal thing: bunch of the organs, meat, and fat, lots of herbs, and bread cubes, made into big meat balls and wrapped in caul fat.  Sounds gross right?  Nope, really good.  All roasted up and juicy.  I am going to wrap them in Savoy cabbage and set them in the middle of the soup bowl.  Then ladle the vinegar laced pork broth around .  

Come and join us in Rice.  It is going to be very fun.  This post references: http://alchemyinthekitchen-kitchenalchemy.blogspot.com/2010/08/to-kill-pig.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment